Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Acetate: Bullitt –Nobody/I’m Gonna Win (US 197?)



Acetate: Bullitt –Nobody/I’m Gonna Win (US 197?)

Time for another mystery acetate and a fine Powerpop Pearl specimen. This is really worth somebody doing some detective work as I couldn’t find any obvious trails out there. I assume this is mid 70s and it sits nicely between Pilot-type Anglophile Pop and US Powerpop in the mould of The Raspberries with a touch of Blue Ash. It’s hard to believe that both songs are unreleased as both performances have high glossy production values and are mighty fine tunes to boot. Now unless this has come out under another name, we need to know who these guys were. Terrific stuff!

Hear a full version of Nobody



Hear a full version of I’m Gonna Win

7 comments:

Popville said...

Wow, those are killer power-pop Robin. I think this one's gonna take a bit more effort than last week's glam-pop "Tommi Ohrner - Mister" quest on Facebook.

Robin Wills said...

There is a slight possibility (yet to be confirmed) that this is linked to Pony!

Bill S. said...

What a gem....I would have bought this and loved it back in '77 or 79.

Anonymous said...

i asked NRP directly we`ll see if anyone could remeber this one ?

hoolabaloo

Anonymous said...

I Can Confrim NRP Cut This But Don't Know Who Or When Sorry:-(
George
On Nov 29, 2014, at 11:03 AM

Anonymous said...

I think both songs are superb and.
I have found this on You Tube but I do not know if this guys have any relation.

https://youtu.be/OnbV3olxXPo

Anonymous said...

What a gem!!!
I have been searching on you Tube and found this guys but a do not know if there is any relation.

https://youtu.be/OnbV3olxXPo