Thursday, October 26, 2006

Hamlett –Vampire Man


Hamlett –Where’d The Day Go?/ Vampire Man –Pye 45PY.4180 (1972 French issue)

An interesting obscurity from 1972. Where’d The Day Go? is a pleasant female-fronted breezy pop number, but it’s The B side that really interests us here. Whereas the A side is light and fluffy, Vampire Man is dark and nasty. It has a boogie /straight rock feel to it, but the vocals and general atmosphere take it somewhere else entirely. It has nifty slide guitar licks and a chorus that breaks up the brooding threat of the verses. I’m not sure if this even got a UK release or if the band ever did anything else. Vampire Man was written by Cozzi and Bell and produced by Nat Kipner if that’s any clue…

Click below for soundclip

2 comments:

emilio said...

Hello ! I`m from Argentina, I have this single on vynil, but I want a digital copy of these songs ..
Do you have it ?
I`m 40 years old, and I wanna remember these old days ..
Thanks, I´ll wait your answer ..

Robin Wills said...

Hi
No I only have a UK and French Vinyl copy. Vampire Man appeard on as CD called Tremors about 5-6 years ago/